Chryso Makariou, soprano
The famous soprano, vocal coach and breathing instructor, Chryso Makariou, has performed and taken part in international productions alongside renowned artists from all over the world. Among other achievements, she has performed in Musikverein in Vienna, in State Opera Stara Zagora in Bulgaria, in Gasteig Philarmonie in Munich, in Opernloft in Hamburg, in Chur Oper in Switzerland, in Teatro Sperimentale di Spoleto in Italy as well as taken part in European and not only tours in Serbia, Czech Rebuplic, Slovakia, Finland and South Korea.
However, her artistic activities and skills extend even further. For the last couple of years, she has been mentoring and coaching young artists and talents in German speaking countries such as Austria, Germany and Switzerland. Her close professional collaboration with internationally renowned artists such as Vesselina Kassarova, Professor David Aronson, Chamber singers (KS) Olivera Mijakovic and Margarita Lilova, as well as her attendance of and participation in courses and trainings of modern teaching methods on the art of singing by instructors such as Ilko Natchev, Evgenia Natcheva and Dr. Lisa Malin, have enhanced Chryso Makariou’s skills in providing individual coaching methods to each artist and singer with a great rate of success.
Pegasus Art Foundation organises an exclusive singing masterclass alongside
the internationally known Cypriot soprano Chryso Makariou, who is based in Vienna.
The aforementioned Masterclass will focus on trainings such as:
- diaphragmatic breathing and voice training
- vocal techniques
- rendition and musicality based on the epoch and style
- performance techniques before potential auditions
- preparation and training for admission exams at schools and universities abroad
The Masterclass will have only a limited number of active members and participants – however, the attendance is open also to non-active participants.
Active participants should fulfill one of the below:
- Classical singing professionals
- Art music professionals
- Monody graduates and licentiates
- Students of classical singing
- Students of musical theater
- Students over 16 years old focusing on singing as main musical instrument.
Before the teaching classes all participants should have prepared one of the below music pieces depending on their artistic/professional skills:
- Professional singers and classical singing students should have prepared one Mozart aria and one aria of their choice
- Students over 16 years old that focus on signing as main musical instrument should have prepared one aria Antique or one aria Oratorio, and one aria of their choice
- Professional art singers, musical students and actors should prepare: one musical piece, and one acapella song of either M. Hatzidakis or M. Theodorakis.
When applying for the Masterclass all of the below should be provided:
- Participant’s CV
- Participant’s personal information, e.g. age, nationality etc.
- The two music pieces selected to perform at Masterclass
- The sheet music – if selecting art music, the sheet music provided should be in the equiavalent tonality
All applications should be submitted due May 30th via email at the address . Upon receiving all applications, the selection and elimination stage will take place with the view to have the finalised list of the Masterclass’ participants by early June. The chosen participants will be contacted via email.
Masterclass classes will take place at Art Studio 55 – next to Rialto theater – in Limassol. The participants will have the opportunity to perform accompanied by Zbynek Maruska, the renowned Czech pianist. They will also have the opportunity to study and practise at the International Music Conservatory Cyprus (IMCC) during this course.
The ultimate highlight of the classes circle will be the concert scheduled to take place on July 6th at ETHAL theater in Limassol where all Masterclass active participants will have the opportunity to shine on stage alongside the internationally renowned soprano Chryso Makariou.
28.06.2022, Lecture/ Breathing techniques
29.06.2022, 10:00 – 14:00, 15:00 – 20:00 Masterclass
30.06.2022, 10:00 – 14:00, 15:00 – 20:00 Masterclass
01.07.2022, 10:00 – 14:00, 15:00 – 20:00 Masterclass
02.07.2022, 10:00 – 14:00, 15:00 – 20:00 Masterclass
03.07.2022, 10:00 – 14:00, 15:00 – 20:00 Masterclass
04.07.2022, 10:00 – 14:00, 15:00 – 20:00 Masterclass
05.07.2022, Final rehearsal
– For active members over 24 years old: 320 EUR
– For active student members up to 24 years old: 290 EUR
– For non-active members: 10 EUR/day
At the whole duration of Masterclass all covid-19 regulations and will be strictly abided by, in accordance with the directions and regulations provided by the Ministry of Health of Cyprus.